Our very popular Danish Oil is food safe and complies to EN71 toy safe when dry, giving this product a huge number of potential uses.
Thinner, more penetrating and less smelly than other Danish Oils, our product contains only pure
Tung Oil and a dearomatised solvent, no artificial varnish, resins or other vegetable oils.
Our Danish Oil is very easy to apply, contains over 50% Tung Oil, is odourless when dry, deeply penetrating and protecting, will not chip, flake or peel when cured and is naturally water resistant.
As a high-build finish, this oil can produce a super warm glow gloss when enough coats are applied and buffed when cured thoroughly.
1: Shake before use.
2: Sand your work down to your desired grit.
3: Apply the oil using a paper towel or rag;
4: Remove excess oil from surface;
5: Allow 20 minutes between coats and apply a maximum of 2 before allowing to cure;
6: Leave to cure thoroughly for at least 24-48 hours before buffing and putting into use. Curing time will vary due to ambient temperature and humidity;
7: Recoat as required.
Pro Finishing Tips
- Avoid rushing your finishing, particularly with oils.
- Clean the dust off the piece before applying, particularly open grained woods.
- Apply with paper towel and the lathe stationary.
- Once opened, leave the plasic spout out.
- For the best finish, build the product up in multiple coats over several days, allowing 24 hours curing time between no more than 4 – 6 coats.
- Lightly de-nib the surface between cured coats before applying more oil.
- With many coats applied, a warm gloss shine can be achieved by carefully buffing the cured surface.
- Can be used with the Intrinsic Colour Collection.
- If using as an embellishment rather than a finish, apply the oil before any sealer.
- Ensure the product is completely cured before applying any further finishes or putting into use.
- Firmly replace the lid after use.
- Store in a cool dry place out of direct light, away from heat sources and protect from freezing. Once opened, use within 6 months.
- Lay saturated towels or cloths flat to cure before appropriate disposal. Do Not Pile Them Up.
Always read the product labels.
SAFETY FIRST! Always take appropriate steps to ensure the safety of your workshop environment.