CarnaCrystalline Stick: A woodturner’s ultra glossy finishing stick hand blended with carnauba and microcrystalline waxes for a brilliant shine and tough protection for your turned spindle wood pieces
Pen Turner’s Overcoat Stick: A super fine finishing stick hand made with 100% microcrystalline wax for a brilliant shine with superb protection against fingerprints.
Two solid wax sticks specifically made for use on small spindle pieces on a lathe. Their composition guarantees a superb gloss finish when applied correctly. Supplied as 31g (1oz) bullion shaped wax sticks.
1: Finish sanding down to at least 400 grit;
2: Apply sanding sealer and cut back lightly;
3: Apply your finishing wax. We recommend our Gloss Finishing Wax;
4: With the lathe running safely fast, smoothly apply the CarnaCrystalline Stick with a little pressure from one end of the piece to the other;
5: Use a safety cloth or paper towel to buff to an ultra-glossy shine.
Pen Turner’s Overcoat Application
1: Finish your pen using your usual method;
2: With the lathe running fast, smoothly apply the Pen Turner’s Overcoat Stick with a little pressure from one end of the
piece to the other in one motion to ensure even coverage;
3: Use a safety cloth or paper towel to then buff to a shine.
Pro Finishing Tips
- These sticks are intended for use on small spindle projects. Attempting to use on a bowl for example, will lead to difficulties.
- They are specially shaped to fit into tiny details on spindle work such as finials.
- Use a very light pressure to apply the wax. Hard pressure can lead to spirals along the piece.
- When buffing, apply enough pressure to cause the wax to soften and smooth over the surface. Too much pressure will remove it from the piece.
- These products may also be used on buffing systems.
- All wax products will tarnish if left in contact with water or acids such as fruit or alcohol.
Always read the product labels.
SAFETY FIRST! Always take appropriate steps to ensure the safety of your workshop environment.