Corona Virus: Demos and Group Teaching until 30th April – POSTPONED

Martin Saban-Smith working on the lathe at his workshop in Hampshrie

Further to the Government announcements and advice on 12th March and the continuing spread of the Corona Virus, I have decided to postpone all demonstrations and group teaching events until the end of April including Excellence in Finishing Courses.

I am lucky to meet many people during demonstrations and events, and I feel this is a prudent and suitable move at this time for the health and safety of all concerned. The decision has been difficult to make and the result is of course disappointing and regretful. I will be working with those whose bookings are affected to find new dates for later in the year.

As people begin to react to the advice given by the Government and undertake their own ‘social distancing’ to protect themselves and their families as far as possible from the virus, it is reasonable to say that attendance at events will suffer. With this in mind, I would rather postpone an event now so everyone who wants to attend can come later, secure in the knowledge that the potential risk to their health is reduced back to (hopefully) normal.

It’s Not All Doom and Gloom

Despite this announcement, the workshop and Hampshire Sheen mail order side of the business will continue as usual.
And, to ensure I can still reach an audience effected by the postponements, I am planning a regular series of remote demonstrations until the end of April. These demonstrations will be streamed live via my YouTube channel at I’ll run them along similar lines to a standard demonstration and include as much interactivity (Q&A) as possible. Most will be evening demonstrations with some Saturday full day demos included, too.

Details of these will be posted on my websites and social media channels when I plan them out over this weekend. You can find and follow the social media channels by clicking on the links below:

Facebook: |
Instagram: |
YouTube: |

As more official information is released in the coming weeks, further decisions will be made for bookings after the end of April.

If you have any queries, please let me know and I will be happy to help.

In the meantime, please accept my sincere apologies for the inconvenience if your booking has been affected, but I am sure you understand the reasoning behind the decision.

With my kindest regards,


Leave a comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *